Week 100: And that's all she wrote

Wow I can't believe I'm already writing my last one of these.

Before I start I want to thank everyone collectively who has been so helpful in helping me serve and complete a mission! Your love and support means everything to me!

I've always enjoyed writing these letters as they allow me to reflect on the work that I have done each week and the way the Lord has magnified those efforts. Many wonderful things happened this week, we saw many miracles for which we are deeply grateful. It's been a blessing this week to reflect upon the work that we have been able to accomplish with Elder Wilson as we have been serving together! Much has taken place! I'm pleased to see that the Kharkiv zone remains strong and healthy and there is a great work here that remains to take place.

This week we found a returning member by the name of Michael. He has been in a village for the past half year and has been out of contact completely with the members of the branch. He returned about a month ago and was able to find our number and call us from his neighbors phone. We were able to notify the branch about where he was and we even had the opportunity to visit him outside his home. He is a middle aged brother about 45 or so and he is blind. He has great optimism. We were able to connect him with the branch and get him some much needed food! We even have been making efforts to find a way for him to join in for the English group worship service. We most likely will call him so that he can at least take part by audio. 

Martin Mangwiro who we have been working with is receiving the Melchezidek Priesthood lessons from the Hongs and he has one lesson left and then he'll be ready for his interviews and can then receive the Melchezidek Priesthood. Martin has also been actively sharing the Gospel and we even received a referral from him! 

Dima received on Sunday the Melchezidek Priesthood, President Mikhailovski ordained him and we were able to be there to support. It's a blessing to see his progress as a new member and see how as he has been given more and more opportunities he just continues forward and his understanding of the Gospel grows. He is a light and example to all around him! 

We had a really special lesson with Mohammed Ali! We taught the plan of Salvation and we realized how prepared Mohammed is to accept the Gospel! He has begun to read which is challenging for him in English but we were able to send him the app which has his native language in it! He is really seriously thinking about and pondering what we have shared with him. As he realizes what he is learning about our Church and how it's different from his beliefs he sees that he has a choice in front of him. As he has realized this I was really impressed by his own realization that he needs to turn to Heavenly Father for guidance on knowing which path is correct! I was impressed by his spiritual maturity and his faith. 

We also had another lesson with Samuel! Martin has been helping us on those lessons which is working great! Martin has a great light and optimism that is really helpful as we teach! We talked about the importance of keeping the Sabbath Day holy! We agreed with Samuel to move his baptism to the 29th to help him better prepare and complete all the lessons. He is reading the Book of Mormon and praying to receive an answer about its truthfulness. He's progressing well and attended church this week! 


Spiritual Thought 
I'm really grateful for my mission it's interesting as important chapters of our lives close and other also important things await us ahead. There is some important days of missionary work left to be done. I realize that the Lord is very aware of each and everyone of us! He knows our needs he's ready to help and bless us as well. I'm grateful for the way my testimony has grown. I'm grateful for the understanding that I'm still imperfect and discipleship as always will take continued effort! That the journey has just begun. I realized that time as a young missionary for 2 years is special and unique. However, we all can reap the joy and blessings of being missionaries each and everyday as we share the Gospel by the way we live our lives. 

I've learned special lessons and have had countless meaningful and sacred experiences! All these together are what the Lord has already blessed me with for my imperfect and small sacrifice that I've made to him! Of course it's not easy but every moment is a blessing whether or not we realize it! 

My prayer is always that we may be able to realize all that is taking place in our lives! That we'll see God's hand an recognize how he is blessing us! Amidst trials the scriptures always come to my mind. "Doubt not, fear not"
"Be still and know that I am God." 

I again love you all and I'm excited to see you soon!!
Elder Halls 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 16 Pot of Tea

Week 46 Blessed

Week 20 Winter Wonderland